PLEASE LOOK AT THE DOCUMENTS PAGE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE CURBSIDE RECYCLING INITIATIVE BEING PURSUED IN GRANTS!
“Friend” us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/recyclecibola
Our recycling program is fairly new. As such, we don’t accept many materials that some more-mature programs accept. But bear with us: as we mature, we may be able to do so, too!
At present, our program accepts the following CLEAN materials, separated by type:
- Plastics markedor only; bottles, clamshells, trays, etc.
- corrugated cardboard (layered, wavy brown material; NO cereal boxes, tissue boxes, etc.)
- brown paper (goes into the corrugated cardboard bin)
- all other paper, including staples, glassine windows, paper clips, etc.
- steel/tin cans (rinsed out so that there is no food or other residue)
- aluminum cans and clean foil
- AT THE TRANSFER STATION ONLY: electronic waste, and used motor oil
Some of the main items our program does NOT accept at present:
- glass of any kind
- plastic bags (take them to the Community Pantry, or Wal-Mart, or Smith’s)
- bubble wrap or other sheet plastic
- cereal box, tissue box, beverage wrap, or other pasteboard-type “cardboard
- Styrofoam(tm) or other packing foam
Here are the locations and hours of staffing at our various drop-off stations in Cíbola County:
- Cíbola County Transfer Station: 8:30 – 5:00 Monday – Saturday
Smith’s Food & Drug parking lot (behind Snap Fitness):Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday 8 a.m. – noon; Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
John Brooks Market in Milan:Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9 a.m. – noon; Friday 8 a.m. – noon
- Convenience stations at Bluewater Lake, Cubero, and Seboyeta, at their regular hours
- The Inscription Rock Trading & Coffee Co. at El Morro, at their regular hours